Add to Google Reader or Homepage Subscribe in podnova

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

"Price Challenge" at IndiaPlaza - its FAKE

This Price Challenge at IndiaPlaza is just an eye wash. They never accept any valid enties. They don't even care to respect customer's intention towards helping them by pointing out the flaws in pricing etc. Take for example:
The day I got a mailer...I spent just about 15 minutes to find at least 2 mobile sets...which were available at a cheaper price at Indiatimes.com. I informed Fabmall/Indiaplaza about the price difference (a diff of about INR 500/-). But in a few days I received a mail that they didn't find that Fabmall price was hiigher...& asked me to produce tax invoices. How rediculous. So I threw that mail on their face...& sent them the screenshot of the products ...which was priced higher at Indiaplaza. They should be ashamed of themselves & take down such fake "Price Challenge".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do not think the Indiaplaza Price challenge is a mere publicity stunt. I spotted a difference of Rs 1509 on the Samsung P310 mobile and submitted the price challenge form. Within 4 days, i got a gift certificate worth 3018, which I was successfully able to redeem for a new mobile phone. Ofcourse the catch is that the certificate can be used only for the mobile phones and multiple ones cannot be combined, but i dont complain. It was a great bargain deal anyways.

bestofindia said...

Rahul,

Glad to know that your feedback about price difference was accepted (well, it was eventually accepted in my case as well) & the coupon that was sent to you -WORKED! Unfortunately, in my case the coupon didn't work & even though I sent mail to support, no one ever responded (shows the kind of support Indiaplaza has).

Anyways, my idea is not to show the site down but was with an intention to bring these loopholes to the attention of Indiaplaza Management - so that NO other user goes through the same experience that I went through. You were lucky...but this shouldn't be a luck factor in the first place. If one declares a contest, it should be played transparently from both ends.

So, am I to believe that Indiaplaza Management did read this blog & improved their service? ;)